Friday, March 30, 2012

Ulthwe brand Aspect Warriors... And a Mounted Warlock

Somewhere near the Eye of Terror, where the hell of the Warp meets the material realm, one man struggles to muster the forces of  the craftworld Ulthwe.


Here is the minor conversion work I have done to seat a warlock on a jetbike. The hardest part was trying to get an even cut under the torso that A) wouldn't look silly, and B) would be able to be glued to the guardian legs I had available. Apart from that, it was pretty easy. A pin keeps the torso on the legs, and some small pin work keeps the Singing Spear in it's dynamic pose, and safe(er) from being snapped off in the heat of battle. Or more likely, the heat of transport...


Next we have the Ulthwe brand Howling Banshees! I'm damned happy about how this scheme works for them. There is still some touch up work to be done (of course), but this was a great leap forward in my Aspect Warrior paint-scheme decision making process.

I especially like the way the hair turned out. That is P3 "Skorn Red" with an red ink wash. I like it shiney!



Finally, we have the Swooping Hawks... I am happy with the way the bleached bone looks on the wings, but I am at complete loss as to where to fit in some accent to designate their loyalty to the Aspect Shrine. My brother suggested just painting some of the cloth hanging from their belts, or their spirit stones blue... Thoughts? Seems like too little, but what can you do?



So that's what I managed to pull off since last night. I have started work on the seer council and Warp Spiders. I will get you some pics when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment