Thursday, March 29, 2012

Aspect Warriors and the Question of Army Unity

My guardians still need some detail work and basic touch ups, so I will be working on them over the next week or so. But my next major project for Ulthwe's War Host is to give a new snazzy paint scheme to my aspect warriors... I don't like the idea of Rainbow Eldar, wherein all of the components of your army are wildly different colors, so I am trying to put an Ulthwe twist on all of my aspects. Bone and black are are the primary colors, and then I throw in a color associate with the Aspect Shrine just to remind everyone that they are aspect warriors...



So far I have finished 7/7 howling banshees. They have black armor, with bone helms, sashes and pistols. For their wavy hair I used Skorn red with a red ink. It makes for a really striking combo. I'll post some pics when I get them touched up. I want to start work on the swooping hawks and warp spiders next, but the Hawks have me stumped. I have an idea of how to get the Ulthwe colors in (black armor, of course, with bone helms, wings, and guns.) but no clue as to where to put any sort of white or blue (the aspect colors). I really like where I have placed the Craftworld colors, so I might just forego an aspect coloration altogether. But this makes me sad... Maybe I can just pick a shoulder pad or something to paint differently...

I will put up some pics of the models tomorrow. I'm getting too tired to keep it up for much longer tonight.

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment